Liddle hulls

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by elkisthebastard, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Barnacle72

Barnacle72 New Member

Oct 23, 2007
    Australia
    Well I personally haven't spent extensive time on a liddle. As quick as my classic Liddle pill came in my life it was snatched from me by mysterious forces. It's a long story but I have a few friends that have Liddles and have said there more tricky on there back hand. I have never found my Andrieni favor either side so I am a complete believer of Marcs shapes. He is a master at the hull as is Liddle and as far as I'm concerned BJ and scott anderson are amazing craftsmen with the hull.
    MP

2. aloha73

aloha73 Member

Jun 19, 2004
    To properly turn a Liddle hull you sink the whole rail of the board into the wave while standing forward of center. If you try to pivot turn off your back foot you will spin out. Sidebites help this a bit. It's easier to bank a turn like this by putting your weight on your toes and leaning into the wave instead of rocking back on your heels and not facing the wave. On a single fin longboard you are pivoting by putting your weight back and lifting the nose of the board slightly out of the water. It's sorta like the difference between doing long carves on a skateboard vs. tic tacing it. Hope this helps.

Check out the 2nd pic on this page for a visual.
    http://www.liddlesurfboards.com/rightslefts.html

3. andersonfan

andersonfan Member

Feb 12, 2005
    USA California
    I believe (to Brian's point) they work more intuitively frontside but they actually still surf fine backside, I would say it is a little stiffer and harder to transition out of a hard bottom turn for me when going left (backside).

Mrs. AF was able to ride her Liddle the very first time and she only rides it backside.

All true hulls (vs. an egg or what some call stubbies) are a blast. The shorter they are, especially 6 feet and under, are going to be the biggest challenge. Once you add some length (6'6 or longer) they are more stable and if you get the most user friendly versions- Liddle Inbetweener, Andreini Vaqueros, Anderson Bojorquez, Fineline, etc. you will have a blast and really enjoy the different feel of the hull. Ian Zamora has made a couple and I saw one he was riding a few months ago that was really nice.

I am sure there are a lot of other shapers that make great ones, these are just the ones I have seen first-hand or ridden .

AF

4. longtime66

longtime66 New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    aloha73 wrote:
    Your board's a beauty!!!!!Can you share the dimensions and tell me what model Liddle that is? Thank's in advance

5. aloha73

aloha73 Member

Jun 19, 2004
    The dimensions are 17 1/2 x 22 1/4 x 14 3/4. Clark Super Blue blank. I'm pretty sure it's an inbetweener but I'm not 100%. I don't know any way to tell other than just looking at the template.

6. aslbuck

aslbuck Member

Jan 29, 2005
  7. nikosurf

nikosurf New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    USA California
    Not at all! Andreini is a great shaper. My point was that the tru Hull feeling is only achived on liddle type hull. Andreini's user friendly hulls work great, but lack the true hull feeling

8. surferchic5555

surferchic5555 Member

Jul 13, 2006
  9. gene

gene Member

Oct 1, 2004